For those who already know uTest, you know we’ve had a lot of success and a lot of fun in the past five years. We’ve earned amazing press, won cool awards and built an impressive stable of big-league customers. In the past 12 months, Inc Magazine named us the 16th fastest growing company in North America and Forbes says we’re the 8th most promising company in the US.
Are we having fun building one of the fastest growing B2B companies in the world? You bet. Are we satisfied? Not even close. We have bigger ambitions for in-the-wild testing and uTest. That’s why we’ve decided to build a global network of partners – resellers and solution providers who can grow their own businesses while helping us tell the in-the-wild app testing story around the world.
Note that we’re not looking for traditional VARs. Instead, we’re looking for evangelists; entrepreneurs and companies who understand the SDLC for public-facing web and mobile apps; who understand the importance of real-world app testing; who are able to sell the concept to clients of all sizes. This will be a highly lucrative opportunity in a rapidly expanding category in the software biz.
As an official reseller of uTest’s solutions, you will have the opportunity to sell our unique in-the-wild testing services to virtually any company, in any industry, in your market. So what types of people/companies are we looking for? We’re early in the process, but we believe there are a few personas better positioned for success, such as:
- Maybe you’re a software development agency who wants to expand your services further into the software development lifecycle (and make more money along the way).
- Maybe you’re part of an outsourced testing firm that wants to expand QA coverage for your international client base (and make more money along the way).
- Maybe you’re an interactive designer or developer who takes on contract work and wants to ensure client success by testing the deliverables in real world environments (and make more money along the way).
- Maybe you’re a freelance tester who wants to enhance your own expertise with that of professional testers from around the globe (and make more money along the way).
- Maybe you’re part of a creative agency that designs and develops apps, but has neither the manpower nor the equipment to test them against the multiple devices, browsers and operating systems that they will be consumed under (and make more money along the way).
Regardless, the successful uTest reseller partner will understand how important real-world app quality is; be able to tell our story in a compelling way; and sell the solutions that best meet a customer’s testing needs. They’ll likely be a blend between technical and the entrepreneurial; as well as fluent in the apps economy and the world of software dev & test – from retail to travel to media to gaming apps, and back again.
If you’ve read this far and are interested in learning more, check out our new partner request page and send us a note. We look forward to hearing from you and telling you more about our new partner program.