Sure today may be uTest blog Czar Mike Brown’s birthday (rumors that he’s a content-producing super-cyborg notwithstanding), but tomorrow is the day we really care about here at uTest HQ. The Fourth of July is of course special to us living in the good ol’ US of A. It’s a day for Americans to show patriotism and celebrate the independence of our young nation.
You may recall that, back in May, our own Jamie Saine regaled us with a collection of must-have summer apps. Now, to prepare those of you in the states for our nation’s 236th birthday (and to entertain and educate those of you in other countries), I offer you my top 5 must-have mobile apps for the Fourth of July:
- The U.S. Constitution (Android & iOS) – Sure the Fourth of July celebrates the Declaration of Independence, but it’s the Constitution that set forth the rules by which the USA would be governed. Download it for free and have it at the ready at the family cookout to thwart your uncle’s claims that he has the right to avoid paying taxes because he loves Jesus.
- Revolutionary War Site Locator (iOS) – I grew up in Massachusetts, so I grew up with the spirit of America. Whether you’re a New England native, a Midwesterner visiting the bay state, or a history buff who wants to check out the sites where the battles were won that helped the U.S.A. achieve independence, this app serves as a comprehensive guide.
- Fireworks Arcade (Android & iOS) – Fireworks are a Fourth of July tradition. Unfortunately, we Americans are often deprived of seeing fireworks while doing things like waiting in line to buy more beer. Fireworks arcade allows you to create your own explosion displays and carry them in the palm of your hand for repeated viewing. No gunpowder? No problem. You’re welcome.
- Hot Dog Maker (Android & iOS) – Hot dogs are the best Fourth of July food. Period. In fact, every year on our nation’s birthday, thousands of people gather in Coney Island, NY to watch people literally eat hundreds of them in minutes. Now you can create the ultimate hot dog and side dishes and mail them to your friends. Just don’t eat hundreds of them. Actually don’t eat any, as they’re pictures on your phone, not actual hot dogs (Thanks uTest legal team!).
- In Case of Emergency (Android & iOS) There are multiple apps available for both Android and iOS that can save your life. These come in handy on the Fourth, when we Americans often engage in reckless behavior like eating too much or lighting fireworks while consuming alcohol. While these particular ICE apps work fine, I recommend finding the one that works best for you and your family. Especially before you eat that 5th hot dog.
So what makes these mobile apps great? Their usability. They’re all engaging despite varying widely in terms of practicality. So whether you’re spending the day at home or in-the-wild at a big family cookout, these apps will augment your experience and make your Fourth of July better. I promise you.
From everyone at team uTest, have a fun and safe holiday.